All our mediators are accredited Family Mediators qualified and registered to undertake MIAMs and pre court Mediation
Child Arrangements (child contact issues)
Family Mediation helps parents or carers to focus on their children’s needs moving forward, which assists them to reach well-informed decisions that are practical and seem fair to each of you. We won’t take sides or try to influence your decisions in any way.
We can discuss:
- where the children will live – residence
- how care will be shared between parents – contact and residence
- arrangements for school holidays and special events throughout the year such as Christmas
- the best way for parents to communicate about issues concerning your children
- how both parents can best support the children both financially and emotionally
After you met with the mediator separately and have both agreed to come into Mediation the mediator will set up the first joint meeting*. A first mediation meeting about child arrangements is normally 1.5hrs.
Both parents work together with the mediator to identify what needs to be settled, explore the options available, discuss individual and collective concerns, and consider options to reaching a mutually agreeable way forward on the things you each feel need to be resolved.
Where appropriate we also discuss with you both the option of speaking to the children
We achieve successful outcomes in over 80% of of our Mediations so you can be sure you are in the best hands.
*We recognise that a joint meeting isn’t always the best way to set things up and we can offer alternative options depending on your circumstances and what the mediator thinks will work best in your circumstances.