In response to COVID-19 Click here to find out more.
Specialist Family Mediators
Children 1st Mediation specialises in helping you make plans for the future following separation or divorce – coming to agreements on the arrangements for your children and property and financial settlements. Our team of Professionally qualified Family Mediators with over 80 years collective experience in Mediation, when you work with us you can be sure you’re getting the best service from professionally qualified family mediators.
We understand the challenges facing separated or separating parents and we are here to help you to find a way through them together. We provide a confidential and neutral family mediation service based in Plymouth and we offer mediation across Devon, Cornwall and Somerset and Dorset. Online appointments are available across England.
Children 1st Mediation Plymouth specialise in providing family mediation to parents or those without children who are separated, separating or getting divorced to sort out the practical issues following separation, such as arranging access to children and resolving any financial issues in a way which works for everyone.
At Children 1st Mediation Plymouth we believe that most people, if given the right support and opportunity, can reach their own solutions to the problems and or difficulties that they are facing.
You can Mediate about any or all of the following:-
- Arrangements for children including- where the children will live, how they will spend time with each parents / or wider family, sometimes called Child contact or Residency
- How both parents can best support the children both financially and emotionally
- Child refusal or resistance to spend time with one of their parents
- Divorcing couples who need assistance in reaching agreement around finances including Property, Pensions and Maintenance without the huge expense of Solicitors
- Assist grandparents wishing to arrange time with their grandchildren
- Mediate between other family members where there has been a break-down in relationships and communication
In Plymouth we also specialise Child Inclusive Mediation and which means we are professionally qualified and registered to involve children in the mediation process.
We aim to ensure that children, young people and their families remain at the centre of decisions that are made about them. We recognise and believe you will value our ethos that parents are best placed to make the decisions for their children.
Family Mediation is a real opportunity to find a way forward which keeps you as the parents in control of the decisions and wherever possible avoid the need for stressful expensive and long drawn out court proceedings.
Our Mediation services are available ONLINE for both MIAMS and Mediations during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to find out more about how we set this up for you.
We normally offer face to face Mediation Plymouth in Plymouth, Totnes, Newton Abbott, Okehampton, Saltash, Liskeard, Exeter, Bristol, Weston Super-mare, Taunton and other areas across Devon and South-East Cornwall, North West Somerset and Bristol. Contact us to book a MIAM.